AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in March I moved into a new home and the old owner left a VPH-1252 projector. I turned it on and it turned itself right back off. I posted here and several of you (WJSD, Randy S, picjohnson, AKuan, Curt Palme) were kind enough to give me some pointers on finding the reason for the problem. The important thing, as I understand was to remove the cover and check the error code, which was 13. In the installation manual I d/l'ed, it shows a 'Y' meaning an error occurance under Fan Stop, (H Stop) 100V down and also under HV-over. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. In addition, if anyone works in central PA or knows anyone in the area that works on these projectors, please let me know, I'd love to hire them if it's not something simple that a few hours with the multimeter and strong coffee can correct.

Gorba

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
You may be lucky and it may be just a fan failure.

Does it turn on long enough to move the fans? If so you can look for the non-working fan.

You may also be able to spot a non-working fans loose connection or something. If something in blocking the fan from turning (non-likely) that may be the whole problem.

I would hope it's a fan problem and start there.

Be Carefull and Good Luck,

Brian

·
Registered
277 Posts
One wacky problem I've had with my 1272 was that it was on a 120V circuit with lots of other electronics that used high currents at startup (amps etc). The voltage drop on the AC line that happened due to that amp current would make the projector think that it wasn't getting enough power out of its power supply, and it would shut down right after starting up. I can't remember the error code, but it might have been the 100V down that you are seeing.

So try running it on a circuit breaker with nothing else plugged in.

And do check the fans; I have seen my 1272 fail to start up when one of the fans was blocked (a piece of insulation fell in to the fan and blocked it).

-Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.