Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 questions:

1. If I get Dish TV, how do I get HD content into the LT150 - the RGB 15 pin spot is taken by the HTPC and the HTPC does not offer compenent input. Do I need an Extron type switcher?

2. Is it possible to maintain a constant height but have a variable width? I want to use a 16:9 screen (60 x 96) but do not want to have to move the projector back and forth to get a 60 x 80 4:3 image. I have Dscaler and YXY (or whatever it's called) on my HTPC. My goal is to have a 96" wide image for 16:9 and an 80" wide image for 4:3 sources.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe there is only one channel presently providing HDTV program content and that is on a totally separate bird - the Spanish channel one - and you need a dual LNB for the HDTV bandwidth. You need either two dual lnb dishes or the large oval dish with four lnb's to be able to watch all the channels.

I am presently dismayed at the lack of HDTV and DD content on satellite, the DD only being broadcast on letterbox format movies.

If you are just dealing with a 15 pin d-sub VGA plug then maybe a KVM switcher may be your answer, they can be found at most decent computer stores and are used to switch one Keyboard/Video/Mouse to multiple computers but you could just use the video portion.

As to your other question, I'm afraid I am not nearly familiar enough with what you are asking to even attempt an answer.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Dont do the KVM switch. It will only work with a signal coming from the keyboard. I have tried this and it did not work. I suggest the extron route. I now have it in place and it works like a charm. ( be careful of what HD tuner you are using. The VGA of the switcher has specific voltage ratings. My panasonic HD tuner would not pass the right voltage). I now use the RCA DTC-100 because you can specifically use VESA timings on the HD output.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The type of KVM I was referring to was a simple manual switch passive device not a powered auto switcher, sorry, I should have been more specific. The only concern would be high frequency loss if the cabling was poor. I have a manual version purchased from PCLiquidators locally and it was quite inexpensive, although when I get around to using it I may replace any wiring with sub-miniature coax cable.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I use a Belkin Omni KVM powered switch to feed the LT150 and it works great. I don't see any degradation from the computer or the DTC-100.

I use a Aten active 4 way video splitter so that I can feed the computer output (DVD) to the LT150 (through the KVM) and the computer screen at the same time. The splitter actually improved the quality of picture on my 21 inch monitor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.