AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to ask if anyone had been able to compare both the 50" and 60" with their own eyes? The reason I ask is because orignally I was going to purchase the 50" but found out tonight that I may be moving into a new place that allows for the seating to be further away from the TV, thus allowing for around 60" tv.

Is the picture quality of the 60" that much worse in SD or for that matter, that much better for HD and DVD material?

The new place also has a huge closet in the living room that I can turn into an entertainment center with little work. However, the door opening is only 55" across, but is over 75" inside. So my idea is that if the actual picture of the 60" (minus the speakers which can speak to a wall for all I care, and minus the black "ring" around the picture) equal about 55" across then this would be a good alternative.

And if it isn't any trouble, I have found various prices on the 50 since that was what I was originally going with, but haven't even begun on the 60's, if anyone could pm me with the best prices they found, that would be great.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have read a lot of threads that rate the quality of SD signal on the 50" better than 60". I do not think with either DVD or HD you will see much of difference ins PQ. In my reasearch I saw a 50" and a 60". I was debating about which to buy and I decided to go with the 60" because it gave a better HT experience than the 50" (only my opinion). My 60" will arrive this afternoon. I will try to post a review later on.

·
Registered
350 Posts
A lousy signal will look better on a smaller screen. I have a 60 and when the cable sucks, even the 25" in the bedroom still looks crummy. If you want the big theatre feel, go with the 60. I wouldn't cut off the speakers, they are good for watching regular TV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got my GWII 50" today. I was prepared for quality issues with the DirecTV image based on reading posts here, and I was happy to find that it wasn't as bad as I expected. Having said that, I am infinitely happy that I didn't get the 60", for the size of room that I'm in I would have been very unhappy with the SD signal (I'm about 10' from the screen).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.