AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all ive recently purchased aventage a840 , to replace htr 5940
i think i would rather the hrt 5940 is a power house compared to this one, maybe i should have waited for a better aventage model to become more affordable, let me know what you think?

i also have a question when i am using the a840 and select PL2x it flashes on the display and then display changes to SUR.DECODE
is there any way to have the display always say the mode of the s.s decode its using ex PL2x / PL2x game / all the NEO6's , i wish whilst using pl2x it said that on the display constantly rather than sur.decode , any help would be great

·
Registered
329 Posts
You should have gotten the a1030 or a2030 for the price the a840 goes for now if you wanted more power.

I have the a830 which is the previous model but its identical to the a840, and on the remote there is a button called "info" which lets you change what it displays. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help ive tried it still only flashes to tell you what program its in then says sur.decode its not a big deal , another issue i have is the on screen display works for volume on my pc connection but not on my satellite connection both out put through receiver hdmi to tv , i think come summer i am going to get a better Yamaha i could use this one at the cottage im passed my 15 day return date unfortunately , im not knocking the receiver though i like it, and plan to keep it but i just feel i should have got a better model thanks again for your info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts