AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8467 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,411 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
CalMAN 5 releases are being staggered, unlike before were we just released all versions at the same time. The CalMAN 5 project has been almost two years in the works, has been in some form of testing for nearly a year. The amount of QA and final testing is staggering for the amount of hardware now supported and the industries it is going into. So we felt it best to stagger each release and give proper support to each one. I know everyone is excited about getting their hands on 5 and I can tell you it will be worth the short wait.


We released “CalMAN 5 Studio” a couple of weeks ago and “CalMAN 5 for Business” today. Next are “CalMAN 5 for Consumer”, CalPC, CalMED, and others are still in the queue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,590 Posts
Do we have a time line for the standard Calman 5 release for those getting the free upgrade from 4?


I am assuming our license keys from 4 work on version 5, or will we be getting a new license via e-mail?


Thanks,

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22277333


Do we have a time line for the standard Calman 5 release for those getting the free upgrade from 4?

I am assuming our license keys from 4 work on version 5, or will we be getting a new license via e-mail?

Thanks,

Jason

The release is only the Business version for professional calibrators.

We are hard at work polishing up the features we feel we need for a true consumer launch. If you don't have a CalMANv4 Expert or Commercial license, you'll have to sit tight for a bit longer. In the meantime you can download CalMAN 5 for Business and run it in our evaluation mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,590 Posts
Ah I see, thanks Joel.


Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22277333


I am assuming our license keys from 4 work on version 5, or will we be getting a new license via e-mail?

Thanks,

Jason

The license keys from 4 do not work with 5. For those eligible a CalMAN 5 key will be issued, our goal is to e-mail them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,590 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Derek.


Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Been playing with CalMAN 5 over the weekend, can say it is a vast improvement in speed and usuability over V4.


A few new defaults I need to get my head around, or get used to like use of dE 2000.


Editing work flow layouts is alot better, and really like the editing mode then lock down switch. Really tidy.

Really happy about white ticks and markers for selections! Been asking for this since V4 released!

Lots of new stuff and settings available, almost too much...if I dare say it!


Still finding way around, really happy with it so far.


Good job guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22281177


Been playing with CalMAN 5 over the weekend, can say it is a vast improvement in speed and usuability over V4.

A few new defaults I need to get my head around, or get used to like use of dE 2000.

Editing work flow layouts is alot better, and really like the editing mode then lock down switch. Really tidy.

Really happy about white ticks and markers for selections! Been asking for this since V4 released!

Lots of new stuff and settings available, almost too much...if I dare say it!

Still finding way around, really happy with it so far.

Good job guys.

Thank you, we have been working on it very hard and with a little help from our friends or should I say 80 some beta testers from all experience levels. The CalMAN 5 features, usability and capability is no accident. We have a very mature design team with a deep understanding of color science and human visual perception.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,864 Posts
So, I already know that BT1886 has been added. The other feature I've been holding out for is the ability to check CMS adjustments at 75% saturation level (and hopefully 25% and 50% levels as well.)


My set has a quirky CMS and color decoder and getting the 100% saturation targets "right" is no guarantee that the other 99% of the gamut will be correct.
That, or something is wrong with the encoding on my version 1.3 of the AVSHD disk.


PS: Yes I mean "saturation" not "stimulus" or "normalized luminance."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22282031


So, I already know that BT1886 has been added. The other feature I've been holding out for is the ability to check CMS adjustments at 75% saturation level (and hopefully 25% and 50% levels as well.)

My set has a quirky CMS and color decoder and getting the 100% saturation targets "right" is no guarantee that the other 99% of the gamut will be correct.
That, or something is wrong with the encoding on my version 1.3 of the AVSHD disk.

PS: Yes I mean "saturation" not "stimulus" or "normalized luminance."

Yes that's in there as well.


We added several new measurement sweeps including, saturation levels (in many different configurations and luminance levels), Gamut luminance ramps, a Color Checker swatch set and an RGB Cube type.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
The measurement sweeps in Calman v5 are slick and work with the built-in patterns of the Radiance and Duo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22282050


Yes that's in there as well.

We added several new measurement sweeps including, saturation levels (in many different configurations and luminance levels), Gamut luminance ramps, a Color Checker swatch set and an RGB Cube type.

will the GCD disc work well with these new features?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22282985


will the GCD disc work well with these new features?

Extended support for disc based pattern sets will be part of the consumer product launch.

We aren't quite ready to announce the specifics of that yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22282031


So, I already know that BT1886 has been added. The other feature I've been holding out for is the ability to check CMS adjustments at 75% saturation level (and hopefully 25% and 50% levels as well.)

My set has a quirky CMS and color decoder and getting the 100% saturation targets "right" is no guarantee that the other 99% of the gamut will be correct.
That, or something is wrong with the encoding on my version 1.3 of the AVSHD disk.

PS: Yes I mean "saturation" not "stimulus" or "normalized luminance."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22282050


Yes that's in there as well.

We added several new measurement sweeps including, saturation levels (in many different configurations and luminance levels), Gamut luminance ramps, a Color Checker swatch set and an RGB Cube type.

Hi Joel,

Does the DVDO Duo have test patterns available through CalMan 5 to support measuring saturation levels less than 100% (e.g. 25%, 50%, 75%)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb  /t/1423111/calman-5-commercial-release-notes#post_22284363


Hi Joel,

Does the DVDO Duo have test patterns available through CalMan 5 to support measuring saturation levels less than 100% (e.g. 25%, 50%, 75%)?

Yes it does.
 
1 - 20 of 8467 Posts
Top