AVS Forum banner

5641 - 5660 of 7943 Posts

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
I have been away for some time.

Looking at my receipts I had purchased Calman "All Access" for Home/Enthusiast version for $69 back in Jul/2016. Now they are asking $195 for this...?

Also, is the Enthusiast ($399) product being discontinued? Because I see on the Software page the least expensive package is $1999.00 for either VideoPro/Studio.

What is going on with PD/SpectraCal :(
If you renewed in 2016, then you have 1 (2017) + 1 (2018) + 1 (2019) X $69 catchup = $ 207 in accrued renewal fees.

·
Registered
11,695 Posts

Looking at my receipts I had purchased Calman "All Access" for Home/Enthusiast version for $69 back in Jul/2016. Now they are asking $195 for this...?

Also, is the Enthusiast ($399) product being discontinued? Because I see on the Software page the least expensive package is $1999.00 for either VideoPro/Studio.

Yes enthusiast is being discontinued .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Indeed. I do love literal answers. "Have you got the time, please?" - "Yes thanks." :)
Just hoping to raise Tyler's attention, and FYI I did not have the answer :)

You have some catching up to do ... start a few pages back.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,906 Posts

If you had read the announcement letter that I posted earlier, there is a new version coming out called “Home”. Unfortunately, no details regarding its capabilities or pricing have been released to date. That is the source of a lot of unhappiness here—many of us feel that details on the new Home edition should have been part of the announcement.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you had read the announcement letter that I posted earlier, there is a new version coming out called “Home”. Unfortunately, no details regarding its capabilities or pricing have been released to date. That is the source of a lot of unhappiness here—many of us feel that details on the new Home edition should have been part of the announcement.
Well, I have been gone from forums for over a year. I came back and started reading on page 188 where unfortunately started reading with Manni01 dissertation on MadVR et al. So you can guess how then I started skimming to current time. :D

Thanks for the help getting caught up.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,906 Posts
Reactions: AVfile and W3Rman

·
Registered
814 Posts
I don't think I am the first to complain about this "generous offer" but I bought Home Enthusiast on 2018/12, so I am already covered until 2019/12. How is it fair to offer me a purchase option of All Access for the full price to get my 2019/12 expiration date extended into 2020/09? Should I be happy I can buy additional 9 months for the price of 12 months with a close deadline (so instead of renewing the license on 2019/12 I have to pay 9 months in advance right now)? Is this supposed to make me feel better about seeing a product I just bought a few months ago and planned to use for years to come suddenly discontinued already?

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,906 Posts
I don't think I am the first to complain about this "generous offer" but I bought Home Enthusiast on 2018/12, so I am already covered until 2019/12. How is it fair to offer me a purchase option of All Access for the full price to get my 2019/12 expiration date extended into 2020/09? Should I be happy I can buy additional 9 months for the price of 12 months with a close deadline (so instead of renewing the license on 2019/12 I have to pay 9 months in advance right now)? Is this supposed to make me feel better about seeing a product I just bought a few months ago and planned to use for years to come suddenly discontinued already?
I would wait for the details on the new home version before doing anything.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I would wait for the details on the new home version before doing anything.
Yes, obviously, I just felt like I should point out this absurdity. It seems like they didn't even recognize the case when their "18 months All Access for the price of 12 months" is actually "6-9 months of All Access for the price of 12 months IF you pay much sooner than scheduled". It's a little insulting because it potentially suggests they assumed I won't even realize how this is a fairly bad deal for me (pay more, pay sooner, thanks for playing, good by...) and just go with it. Or they were simply ignorant. Neither case (ignorance or "tricky marketing") resonates good will or wisdom. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

No way to to load custom workflow like Ted's workflow in Calman Studio? I heard Home Enthusiast could do with the custom workflow add-on but it seems Studio or Pro version can't load them at all. Sadly, my upgrade was not useful in terms of custom workflow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

No way to to load custom workflow like Ted's workflow in Calman Studio? I heard Home Enthusiast could do with the custom workflow add-on but it seems Studio or Pro version can't load them at all. Sadly, my upgrade was not useful in terms of custom workflow.
It is very poor support that you cannot use a custom workflow in the $2000 Studio version.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
It is very poor support that you cannot use a custom workflow in the $2000 Studio version.
Is this true? What is the cost of the versions which do allow the loading of a custom workflow?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
That's ridiculous. So there's no way the new Home is going to support that. Sigh. Anybody know what version CalMAN did Ted create that WF with?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I think Ted uses the Ultimate version.
OK, then that kind of makes sense, if they were created with Ultimate they would only be loadable by Ultimate. Can somebody with Studio see if they can load one of my workflows, created with Enthusiast?

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
All the feedback here has been shared with management. We will be posting more info very soon that should provide answers to some very valid concerns posted in this thread.

Tyler

Tyler ,

Any updates on this ? Many of us have to make a decision by the end of the month with very little info on the new Home version .

Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, then that kind of makes sense, if they were created with Ultimate they would only be loadable by Ultimate. Can somebody with Studio see if they can load one of my workflows, created with Enthusiast?
Thank you for your hard work on your free release.
Actually I downloaded yours to post my feedback but they were not allowed in my Studio version.

5641 - 5660 of 7943 Posts