AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I bought an Spyder 3 colorimeter with Calman and I am trying to calibrate my Sony Z4100 LCD.

My LCD doesn't have a CSM so I calibrated GrayScale.

The results for DVD are aceptable, but I am am getting unnatural skin tones in Blu Ray, they are very dark and green.

I am posting some pdf so you can view my results.

Any help will be appreciated

PS: How can I fit the PDF to only 1 page?

standard-86.pdf 73.59375k . file

standard-88.pdf 63.96875k . file

standard-89.pdf 96.71484375k . file

standard-90.pdf 39.2509765625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
What are you using for the source of your patterns?

What is the sample material you used to test the blu-ray playback and dvd playback?

The charts look okay, but without more information about how you got there, they probably won't help get to the bottom of this issue.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not familiar with that one, haveta take a look, but the short version is, is it possible there's a setting off in the player then (or it's being confused by a flag on the AVS disk) such that either its emitting the wrong color space or the tv is deoding the wrong colorspace when ur calibrating?

can you confirm the cal results w/ another disk such as dve bd?

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Acceptable results with DVD, but not Blu-ray, would also lead me to suspect one of the color decoders. Is the Oppo upscaling the DVD, or is it transmitting the native image?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear5k /forum/post/16991577

Acceptable results with DVD, but not Blu-ray, would also lead me to suspect one of the color decoders. Is the Oppo upscaling the DVD, or is it transmitting the native image?

The OPPO it's upscaling the DVD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts