This is a place to discuss using CalMAN Home for LG
I am sorry but I don't know anything about LUTs, or any of the terms used in these posts. But I do have a question if I may.
First, is there a FAQ where I can lookup my following questions?
1. I studied the CalMAN Home for LG Walkthrough. Is it correct that my xrite i1 display colorimeter (that I use for my computer display) will work?
2. The specifications tab states that calman will work in "in VMWare Fusion and Bootcamp for Mac OS X users"
But will that work satisfactorily with the USB connection? I know it's a specific matter that not many will encounter but I need to know before hand because I will need to order a VMware + windows license that I cannot return.
3. Regarding the pattern generator: I noticed that 2019 models have a pattern generator built into the TV unit. The separately sold pattern generator is $1500, which is about the cost of the 55 C8. Would you say it's wise to pick the 2019 C9 model over the C8 for this reason alone?
4. Can the calibration process for the C8 be completed without the pattern generator? I may not use HDR anyway. Or am I mixing things up?
Thanks a bunch.
Tyler, I recently purchased the LG workflow and I have a couple questions.I am recording tutorial videos for CalMAN Home for LG this week. It will probably take a week after that to do all the post production.
I will be covering calibrating SDR/HDR/Dolby Vision on a 2019 LG C9.
Tyler, I recently purchased the LG workflow and I have a couple questions.
1. Why after a 3D LUT do you guys now recommend the option of changing the contrast and the black level after the 3D LUT. I was always under the impression not to touch those controls after the LUT?
2. when doing the 3D lut point, do we still reduce the intervals of the patches to 10 or leave at the default of 45 which is higher than the enthusiast version of 30?
1. That step in the workflow is really more for validation of your luminance And for you to be able to check brightness and contrast after.
2. Smaller interval pattern insertion should provide slightly better results.
I would like to know this too! Maybe Tyler will respond.
I just bought this for c9
I was able to add my TV once
Now Everytime I click on find TV
Put ip and the code.
The application just crashes
Support is useless since their mailbox is full
I'm very mad about this.
Hope someone can help
I'm looking to get help calibrate my c9 with calman home 2019
I calibrated hdr but I can't do dolby vision.
It turned out green after it was done.
It forced me to reset the TV.
Please guide me through It