AVS Forum banner

4201 - 4220 of 4308 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make sure you do this. I do it immediately after I do a calibration and have "saved" the files to the TV.

I watch almost all my content on HDMI 2 but do my calibration using the built in pattern generator process so the calibration is not being done on HDMI 2 input.
yes i did this. Can you try running a pre calibration on hdmi 2 watching some TV in the background to see if you get the same numbers you had using the usb stick ?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
yes i did this. Can you try running a pre calibration on hdmi 2 watching some TV in the background to see if you get the same numbers you had using the usb stick ?
Not sure how to do this. I have pulled up test patterns on HDMI two and they look good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't tested on the newest firmware but I have calibrated game mode from my Xbox on HDMI 1 and it yields good results.

I have tried running a movie in the background but made me uncomfortable to have the movie flashing in between patches. Is it possible for you to try and run the file from HDMI 2 to run your test?

You got screenshots of the results from usb v. HDMI 2?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Quick question. So I reset my 55 CX to initial settings because I wanted to start out again with a new calibration (waiting for new video instructions and shadow detail pattern). I ran a SM 2-point calibration and it looks good when I ran the calibration verification, but something is wrong with the calculations of my color performance. It reads it correctly and the colors fall in the boxes fine, but the Delta 2000 error is completely incorrect.

Why is it doing this? Would it be that the 3D-Lut that I ran previously not get removed after resetting my TV to initial settings? If so, how can I fix it and remove the 3D-Lut so that it doesn't affect the color reading?

Thank you very much again for your help.

View attachment 3075995
I agree something isn't right. I don't see how you are getting so close to the color targets while simultaneously showing such high dE2000s. I'm more suspect of a setting or calculation error in Calman rather than an issue with the TV (including TV settings and 3D LUT).

What's going on here?

I'm expecting to see RawXYZ or OLED here in combination with X-Rite i1Display Retail. I believe this should reflect the meter mode selected, and to the best of my knowledge LG CX - 55 is not an available meter mode.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
I agree something isn't right. I don't see how you are getting so close to the color targets while simultaneously showing such high dE2000s. I'm more suspect of a setting or calculation error in Calman rather than an issue with the TV (including TV settings and 3D LUT).

What's going on here?
View attachment 3076269

I'm expecting to see RawXYZ or OLED here in combination with X-Rite i1Display Retail. I believe this should reflect the meter mode selected, and to the best of my knowledge LG CX - 55 is not an available meter mode.
I notice that for Source it shows the Unified Pattern Generator Control Interface. Shouldn't that be showing the LG 2019 internal generator as given in Portrait's Guide? Note: I do not own an OLED and so cannot speak from experience.
In addition, there are 3 facets to color performance: Hue, Saturation, and Luminance. All 3 factor into overall dE for each color, but the CIE chart can only show Hue and Saturation. The luminances could be way off target, driving up overall dE but still showing the colors within the boxes for hue and saturation.
Something is definitely fishy in Denmark...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I notice that for Source it shows the Unified Pattern Generator Control Interface. Shouldn't that be showing the LG 2019 internal generator as given in Portrait's Guide? Note: I do not own an OLED and so cannot speak from experience.
I saw that too. That tab should read "LG" only if he's using the internal pattern generator as his source (2019 or 2020 iTPG as appropriate). I'm assuming he's using some external pattern generator option, which "Unified Pattern Generator Control Interface" may or not be valid for, so I didn't mention it.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
What's going on here?
View attachment 3076269

If you are using a Profile created using a spectro, and not a "meter mode" (PD's terminology for an EDR), then the text here is the name you've chosen for the meter Profile that Calman has loaded. Here's one I made earlier with my fully-named profile :). You can call it anything you like:

HTH
It's perfectly normal and correct to see any text here - if the user is loading a profile which was created correctly (ie in RawXYZ mode with no EDR loaded), and is valid and proved to be within the NIST tolerances etc. But that stuff the user needs to check at the time they create the Profile.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quick question. So I reset my 55 CX to initial settings because I wanted to start out again with a new calibration (waiting for new video instructions and shadow detail pattern). I ran a SM 2-point calibration and it looks good when I ran the calibration verification, but something is wrong with the calculations of my color performance. It reads it correctly and the colors fall in the boxes fine, but the Delta 2000 error is completely incorrect.

Why is it doing this? Would it be that the 3D-Lut that I ran previously not get removed after resetting my TV to initial settings? If so, how can I fix it and remove the 3D-Lut so that it doesn't affect the color reading?

Thank you very much again for your help.

View attachment 3075995
I think something similar to this happen to me when using a pgenerator in conjunction with AIO mode in Calman.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
I think something similar to this happen to me when using a pgenerator in conjunction with AIO mode in Calman.

I'm not sure why. The Generator and AIO mode - which only applies to I1D3 Rev B meters - have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Unless, of course, delays are incorrectly set...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yup my meter is profiled. That’s the name I gave it when I saved my meter profile (to reference the TV is profiled to).

I did use a patter generator: PGenerator (RPi), and I did select AIO mode as well.

This is my first time using AIO mode, preciously I just left it at auto. This is definitely a software issue because it happened to both my CX TVs (48 and 55).

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
If you are using a Profile created using a spectro, and not a "meter mode" (PD's terminology for an EDR), then the text here is the name you've chosen for the meter Profile that Calman has loaded. Here's one I made earlier with my fully-named profile :). You can call it anything you like:
View attachment 3076321
HTH
It's perfectly normal and correct to see any text here - if the user is loading a profile which was created correctly (ie in RawXYZ mode with no EDR loaded), and is valid and proved to be within the NIST tolerances etc. But that stuff the user needs to check at the time they create the Profile.
💡 Thanks! I appreciate the info and correction. I should have thought of the meter profiles, but I didn't.

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Yup my meter is profiled. That’s the name I gave it when I saved my meter profile (to reference the TV is profiled to).

I did use a patter generator: PGenerator (RPi), and I did select AIO mode as well.

This is my first time using AIO mode, preciously I just left it at auto. This is definitely a software issue because it happened to both my CX TVs (48 and 55).
OK. There's one other thing I can think of that may be happening here. The PGenerator should be outputting in RGBFull, as that's the only mode in which it is known to be bit-accurate. If the LG's internal generator was used for the calibration itself and was outputting YCbCr, then you have a potential levels mismatch at 100% white between pre- and post-. The program could be calculating color luminance targets different from those used in calculating the 3D LUT that was uploaded, sending your dEs high while still showing good hue and saturation.

Just trying to spitball here and see what sticks...

·
Registered
166 Posts
OK. There's one other thing I can think of that may be happening here. The PGenerator should be outputting in RGBFull, as that's the only mode in which it is known to be bit-accurate. If the LG's internal generator was used for the calibration itself and was outputting YCbCr, then you have a potential levels mismatch at 100% white between pre- and post-. The program could be calculating color luminance targets different from those used in calculating the 3D LUT that was uploaded, sending your dEs high while still showing good hue and saturation.

Just trying to spitball here and see what sticks...
You’re right and I verified that the PGenerator is outputting as RGBFull. I didn’t have this issue when I setup my meter on auto instead of AIO. That’s the only change I made yesterday when I ran the pre/post verification.
I thought it was my 55 CX since I reset that TV to initial settings to remove my AutoCal. Then I ran it on my 48 CX that has only been calibrated to 2-pt SM and the same issue happened.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I replaced my meter with new I1Pro-Plus re-ran SDR auto cal. Wow!
nd re-ran auto for Fantastic results. Very, very happy. Will move on to HDR soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a problem calibrating HDR. I follow the steps from the Calman HDR and Shadow detail walkthrough videos. When I get to Custom HDR tone curve in the workflow, enter measured peak brightness and Tyler's recommended roll off points (50/40/30) and then press Tonemap upload On/Off Calman crashes. I have tried twice with the same results. What should I do to successfully upload the custom tone curve? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using the latest Calman Home for LG 2020 R2. LG CX on 03.11.30.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve Calman crashing when I try to upload a tonemap?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve Calman crashing when I try to upload a tonemap?
I personally just make sure I disconnect from TV and close CalMan before doing an HDR calibration. I never have problems when I do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey team, just finished an updated HDR calibration and mostly happy with it. But it's seems that I keep running into Yellow and orange DE errors. Now they aren't high errors but would like some advice on how to mitigate it. I've also seen them on other displays here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey team, just finished an updated HDR calibration and mostly happy with it. But it's seems that I keep running into Yellow and orange DE errors. Now they aren't high errors but would like some advice on how to mitigate it. I've also seen them on other displays here.
If you have a cx, I don't think there's much we can do. I think it's a panel thing.

4201 - 4220 of 4308 Posts