AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked the SpectraCal Website and it looks like everything in the Enthusiast Bundles have jumped about $1000. WTF
It now says "CalMAN Expert Software "I just got quotes earlier this week. I wonder if they will still hold. I was trying to decide between CalMAN and Chromapure. If these prices are correct and are not a screw up, this will decide for me. SpectraCal has just completely priced themselve out of the mid level DIY market. I was already bothered that I couldn't get support for a i1 Pro unless I purchased the Enthusiast software, which was going to cost an additional $300.00.

I am sure someone from SpectraCAL will comment..

·
Registered
12,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimed1 /forum/post/19622413

I just checked the SpectraCal Website and it looks like everything in the Enthusiast Bundles have jumped about $1000. WTF
It now says "CalMAN Expert Software "I just got quotes earlier this week. I wonder if they will still hold. I was trying to decide between CalMAN and Chromapure. If these prices are correct and are not a screw up, this will decide for me. SpectraCal has just completely priced themselve out of the mid level DIY market. I was already bothered that I couldn't get support for a i1 Pro unless I purchased the Enthusiast software, which was going to cost an additional $300.00.

I am sure someone from SpectraCAL will comment..

I believe the home version will now support the C5 and i1Pro. I remember reading this yesterday at the SpectraCal Forum.

"...The home license is basically stays as it was, but we will be adding the ability to add on hardware like chroma5s and i1 Pros that previously required upgrading to the enthusiast (which supported hardware far beyond what most home users would have access to)."

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
The Expert license is not the enthusiast license.

The Expert license is essentially a replacement for the professional license.

It's a price cut if anything.

The DIY license will continue with the basic hardware support built-in, but we'll be extending it with add-on licenses.

Looks like the store is having some hiccups on where to categorize the products, I believe we actually have a new website in the works.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti /forum/post/19622510

The Expert license is not the enthusiast license.

The Expert license is essentially a replacement for the professional license.

It's a price cut if anything.

The DIY license will continue with the basic hardware support built-in, but we'll be extending it with add-on licenses.

Looks like the store is having some hiccups on where to categorize the products, I believe we actually have a new website in the works.

Well that sounds better. When I looked at the website it was showing Home, Expert, and Professional.

So I would be able to get a license for the i1Pro for the Home version of the software? A currently owned i1 Pro and not only if it is bought from SpectralCal?

Thanks sotti!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.