AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
22,977 Posts
There's no real way to scientifically prove or disprove their claims - and note the words "subtle" and "potentially". And they're going about their tinnitus "survey" the wrong way. Fortunately it's only $26 so one isn't out a great deal of money. And who knows, it may help someone just by the mere power of suggestion. However, there's a guaranteed way to reduce stress levels for some people - stay off of social media and don't watch or listen to the news for a few weeks, and it's free! :)

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
However, there's a guaranteed way to reduce stress levels for some people...................

Yeah, I was much more interested in their "claims" of improved sound quality.

·
22,977 Posts
Yeah, I was much more interested in their "claims" of improved sound quality.
Anything you physically put in your ear is capable of changing how you hear something. It looks like it's made of some sort of rubber. I don't how that compares to ones skin wrt acoustic properties. Although it will shrink the size of your ear canal where it's placed. Also, they claim "Calmer sits barely visible in the ear and uses revolutionary, non-electric technology to reduce mid and high frequency distortion without having a detrimental effect on our hearing" How does a passive piece of something discriminate between mid and high frequency distortion and mid and high frequencies? Also, hearing something and detecting what it is, or what's being said, is different than listening to music.

Take one for the team and get back to us. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts