AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my receiver with two Acoustic energy AE120 floorstanders as fronts, two AE neo 2 V3 floorstanders as rears and a Q Acoustics centre speaker. I also have a BK XXLS400 and a REL Q100E subwoofer.

I am interested in the best audio quality and i was wondering if there would be a noticeable difference if i were to upgrade to the Yamaha? My rooms acoustics arent the best so i have an antimode 8033c for the subwoofers and i was hoping the YPAO feature in the yamaha would help too. Any comparison between Audyssey?

My budget is 500 pounds so any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I had the v2 version of that exact receiver years ago and compared it to an older Yamaha model (the 667 I believe); the Cambridge definitely had more power under the hood, but that only matters if your speakers are inefficient and/or you crank it a lot. It depends on the room, but I find YPAO does a good job and can also be customized which is nice. The downside to it is that it doesn't EQ the sub, but since you have a 8033, that doesn't matter so much. I would also look at the Denon 2313 which uses Audyssey MultEQ XT. Get both and compare too see which one does better in your room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.