AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I bought a factory refurb Cambridge Audio 540R v2 after reading couple of reviews on this site for $399 and I wanna know if anyone here using an ORB MOD2 which is rated at 4 ohms with this amp, my concern is that I heard from another forum that the amp only handles 8 ohms speaker. I also like to buy MOD 2 since my living room is 20x18, I could go with MOD1 which is rated at 8 ohms but I dont think it will cover the the whole area of my living room. I will use this amp 60% music and 40% 5.1 movies. Your comments and input is greatly appreciated.

Jerry

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineOfSighT /forum/post/12961039

Hi All,

I bought a factory refurb Cambridge Audio 540R v2 after reading couple of reviews on this site for $399 and I wanna know if anyone here using an ORB MOD2 which is rated at 4 ohms with this amp, my concern is that I heard from another forum that the amp only handles 8 ohms speaker. I also like to buy MOD 2 since my living room is 20x18, I could go with MOD1 which is rated at 8 ohms but I dont think it will cover the the whole area of my living room. I will use this amp 60% music and 40% 5.1 movies. Your comments and input is greatly appreciated.

Jerry

You can drive Mod 2 Orbs with just about anything, trust me (long time owner). That Cambridge is a really nice receiver BTW, I have one in my office. The 540 can run those things with ease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts