AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm looking right now for a new receiver and i'm torn beteween a Marantz SR7001 and a Cambridge Audio Azur 640R.

Does anyone own the Cambridge 640R and could tell me what they think about it? How about HDMI on the Cambridge? Does it pass audio and 1080p vidéo via hdmi?

Every input gonna be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I faced this question, and now own a Marantz 7001. Problem with CA 640R is simply that it does not pass audio through the HDMI sockets - they are video pass through only. This, along with no lip sync adjustment, shot the 640R out of the reckoning. It did not even make a home audition. Too scared that it would sound great.

Seriously, though, the inability to pass LPCM over HDMI was just too limiting. I wonder if CA will do a 640R V2 for 2008?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hummmm.... it's bad cause the sound is excellent and i was planning to switch to the High Definition formats. Does the Marantz SR7001 can pass LPCM through HDMI in 7.1 lossless audio?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.