Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anybody out there with a DVD79 unit? - If so, would you be kind enough and answer a few questions:

How good is the playback quality of music CDs?

Can it match a dedicated CDP such as Azur 540C or NAD C521 BEE in that regard?

Also, does the DVD79 suffer from lip-sync issue via S-Video and Analogue outputs?

*Since both DVD77 and DVD79 feature the same DACs, I suppose comments of those with DVD77 are welcome as well...

TIA!

:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
For best sound quality, pair an external DAC with any DVD player....even with a Cambridge player who are known for their focus on audio....

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I believe the Cambridge DVD79 is the same basic player, using exactly the same chips and components as the Oppo DV971H and it is manufactured by Winbase Electronics a Chinese OEM. Firmware differences and maybe even different DACs are possible but there isn't much information available for the player and no users have posted much information I can find.

Chris

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you want good CD playback, why not consider the DVD 540D from CA instead of the DV79 ?

It is just a very little bit expensive than the DV79, but the 540D got a lot good comment everywhere o CD playback, plus if you could see the "inside" of this player, it got very good components given the price !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.