AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Sony TRV19 camcorder.

A few years ago, I suddenly encountered sound problems with the camcorder.

If I was filming for 10 secs, there would approximately only be sound for a second, then it would disappear again. The sound would appear randomly.

I thought it was the microphone which was the problem.

I haven't used the camcorder for years, but tested it again the other day.

Still the same problem with the sound.

OK, I then ordered an external microphone and mounted it onto the shoe mount. I inserted the battery into the external microphone and plugged the audio jack into the camcorder (Mic).

But the problem is still the same.

Either the external microphone isn't working (and no, I haven't tried another microphone, as I haven't got access to one at the moment) or otherwise the problem isn't the microphone.

But what can the problem then be instead? If there's sound problems, is the logical solution then not a new microphone?

And should the external microphone not take care of this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh no!

Just realised that I haven't actually got a MIC IN on the camcorder.

So are there no solutions?

Apart from having the internal microphone fixed?

EDIT: My camcorder does actually have a mic jack, but when I connect an external microphone, it still uses the internal microphone. How can this be avoided?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again,

I've connected the camcorder to the TV and I can clearly hear sound from the internal microphone, so it's not the microphone which is the problem.

Any hints/help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockerslund /forum/post/16986445

Hi again,

I've connected the camcorder to the TV and I can clearly hear sound from the internal microphone, so it's not the microphone which is the problem.

Any hints/help would be appreciated.

Could be the audio head of the camcorder is broken (so that it won't lay down an audio track onto the tape). If you've got a head cleaner tape you might try that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts