AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking into upgrading our camcorder at our church. I need a camcorder that will have a remote that will operate power and zoom remotely. it will be mounted high and monitored from another room via a TV. I am having a difficult time finding anything on the web that will fill these requirements. If you have any information it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLukes /forum/post/20826579

Hello, I'm looking into upgrading our camcorder at our church. I need a camcorder that will have a remote that will operate power and zoom remotely. it will be mounted high and monitored from another room via a TV. I am having a difficult time finding anything on the web that will fill these requirements. If you have any information it would be greatly appreciated.

You can buy a Sony or Canon and use the Lanc and put in a cable up to 50 feet long and control everything from the cable.

Sony has a lot of stuff available and Canon a few. But The sony 560 and the Canon HF G10 both have the ability for wired lanc which is now called Remote Commander on the Sony I believe.

If you use the wireless remote it's not very reliable over a long distance and sometimes hard to tell if it's activated. Also not so great if it's really bright.

My Canon HF G10 is that way at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.