AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, thanks for the link. I still have no idea how/why they would adjust the image quality based on where you are located in the room. Wouldn't you want the "best" image quality no matter where you are situated?

Perhaps they can use it to adjust the perceived depth of the 3D effect? Not even sure if this is possible with Blu-ray content but I am struggling to figure out what else they would be doing.

If anyone sees any more info about this "feature" please post it here!

·
Registered
5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennem /forum/post/18284854

Interesting, thanks for the link. I still have no idea how/why they would adjust the image quality based on where you are located in the room. Wouldn't you want the "best" image quality no matter where you are situated?

Perhaps they can use it to adjust the perceived depth of the 3D effect? Not even sure if this is possible with Blu-ray content but I am struggling to figure out what else they would be doing.

If anyone sees any more info about this "feature" please post it here!

From Lee's link it appears that they DO NOT adjust image quality based on where you are located - it DOES adjust the left-right audio balance though (if you are using the internal speakers). Apparently nothing done with the image (other than turning off backlight if no one is in the room or give a warning if a child is too close).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock /forum/post/18285799

From Lee's link it appears that they DO NOT adjust image quality based on where you are located - it DOES adjust the left-right audio balance though (if you are using the internal speakers). Apparently nothing done with the image (other than turning off backlight if no one is in the room or give a warning if a child is too close).

Thanks for the info. I haven't used internal TV speakers for 15+ years so I guess it won't matter to me. Glad it is not messing with the image quality in any way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts