AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to align an oval dish for 101 and 119. I have the 101 sattellite at 87 but the dish seems to be pointed way to the left of the 241 degrees that the charts say is the correct direction (I live close to NYC). More like at 220 degrees.

This is the only azimuth that I have been able to find the 101 satellite. I have no 119 signal. Since the dish is oval and has two focal points, can I be receiving the 101 signal bouncing from the "119 side of the dish? I know that I have all the wiring correct?

Or, if I have signal from 101 must I be pointing in the right direction and therfore, the 119 satellite is within a degree or two, up or down, left or right? Or can I be way off the right azimuth to get both signals but still get 101?

And, is the azimuth as provided by my Sony HD100 (241 degrees) true or magnetic? Since the manual talks nothing about adjusting for magnetic deviation (12.5 degrees in NYC) I assume the the azimuth reading is from magnetic north. Right?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
First, make sure the mast is plumb then set the tilt and leave alone. Make sure your lnb's are in the correct spot. Once you lock on to 101, you should be able to pick up 119. If not, mark your 101 spot and perform a sweep (left to right) in small elevation increments. If you don't get anything, swap lnb's to make sure one isn't bad. If that doesn't work, try getting 119 direct, bypassing the multiswitch. If that doesn't work, it's either the multiswitch, your reciever or your location. I had a bad dtc-100...wouldn't switch to 119.

[This message has been edited by Joe_R (edited 06-23-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.