AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just recently got a 3DS XL, and I was hoping to be able to use the system, but also allow my two sons to use it, here and there. Basically, it's just going to be a family system. (if such a thing is possible). We already have two Vita's, and one DSi XL, and a DS Lite. Plus they have iphones. So, not really planning on buying multiple 3DS systems.

Is there a way to share a single game and system among several people ? I've seen with Super Mario 3D Land, that you can have 3 different save slots, so basically, 3 different people can use their own save slot. So I know it works fine with that game. I was playing Mario Kart 7, and noticed that I was playing under my son's profile (I guess you would call it that, cause he was the original 3DS user), and couldn't seem to find a way to play in a new profile.

I finally got around to registering the 3DS XL on Club Nintendo, and also registered my Mario Kart 7 on Club Nintendo, and now I'm downloading the free copy of Pokémon Y. I'm just not sure how many save slots they give you for that game, or if multiple people can share it. I was wondering if somebody that has kids, and has also been sharing a single 3DS knows how all this works ? With the Vita, it kinda sucks, cause you basically have to play in the original owners profile, either that, or go through this lengthy process of switching memory cards and all this other crap. It takes too long to explain, but sharing a Vita basically means playing in the other guy's profile. I was hoping this might be avoided on the 3DS, and I know with a few games you can get your own save file, which is pretty much all you need.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
You can probably guess that a Nintendo console doesn't really have a comprehensive multiple-profile system in place. Other than that, it kinda differs on a game-by-game basis. Most games do have at least 3 saves, at least from what I've seen, but Pokemon, for instance, only allows for one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.