AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about what is probably a dumb question, but I was told it was to be used with DTV only...? I have an opportunity to get a deal on one and want ony OTA for a while. The literature says it can be used OTA, but I cannot tell if you have to have a sat subscription to use as OTA?

Thx!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to confirm. I can use the DTC100 as an OTA unit only with no DTV involvement or subscription. ( Am confused about the No response)

Thx again.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
If you can verify the firmware before purchasing, do it, if it is the original firmware that came with it, it will have troubles with some OTA HD channels.

Jim

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Can a DTC100 be used as OTA receiver w/o subscribing to Direct TV?
Yes, as can all DirecTV IRD's.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
I assume Ken means all OTA capable DirecTV HD IRDs.

Most of the standard definifition DTV receivers don't have any OTA receiver...

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I bought a DTC 100 and used it with an OTA only configuration for some months before deciding to add DirecTV.

It is possible that some older firmware versions do not support this, but everyone I know has had no problem using it as an OTA only tuner.

I think that Hughes/RCA were really smart to build it this way so that customers could be led gradually into DirecTV without having to make the leap immediately.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PVR
I assume Ken means all OTA capable DirecTV HD IRDs.
Yes, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.