AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that any HD RPTV and certain Sony Wega can take advantage of the anamorphic DVDs by squeezing the image vertically to achieve maximum resolution.

Can a LCD/DLP front projector without a built-in line doubler take advntage of the anamorphic DVDs? If so, how does it achieve the maximum resolution, i.e. the implementation behind this capability?

Is there such a thing as the minimum ceiling clearance in order to ceiling mount a front projector? I will like to get a 100" screen to the basement on a wall that has a clearance of about 7'. Depending on the throw distance of the front projector that I will be getting, I'm afraid that I won't be able to ceiling mount the front projector because it may end up at the section of the ceiling that has only 6' of clearance.

Please advise. Thanks!

VPC

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi,

Most newer LCD/DLP projectors 800x600 and above can take advantage of anamorphic DVDs. They just use a 16x9 ratio on the panels.(800x600 would be the starting point as it uses 800x450 pixels). Also all LCD/DLP projectors have line doublers. The panels need a progressive signal.

Avery

------------------

My HT Pics http://members.aol.com/thxavery/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.