AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very limited in income, so was disturbed when my old 27 inch CRT TV broke. It had lasted 30 years. So I have to look for something new which hopefully could list me another 30 years. From my readings it seems that I must stay away fluorescent backlit televisions and get one which is backlit by LEDs. It is not urgent that I get a television immediately as I watch video more frequently off my computer monitor. Doing bit torrents of mostly BBC science and history programs, but I do like over the air public broadcasting and 60 minutes. I mostly use my television by exercising in front of it on my exercise machine, from 7 feet away, watching music videos on my 27 inch CRT TV, now broke it. I also do some sneakernet, using computer burned DVDs, of these bit torrents I download playing them on a standard definition DVD player. If I could figure out how to sneakernet MKV formatted of high-definition bit torrents to my future television without spending too much money on a device capable of interfacing with my new television I would do that too. So those are my needs.

I can be somewhat flexible in replacing my television taking say two months to do so if necessary. I noticed in my Denver Colorado area there is a Sears outlet that sells LED HD televisions on a what you can fine their basis. I looked up some of these televisions 2009 models sometimes at what seems incredible prices. So how incredible 2009 bargain priced television be. If it's 2009 vintage can it be a good value in today's market. I am thinking I need 32 inch television to equal the vertical height of Mike 27 inch television when playing 3:4 aspect ratio music videos. The most size for my money would be appreciated however economy is my biggest concern. So what do you think?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.