AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a question here yesterday and have got no replies after 32 views so Ill rephrase it here. Fire up a movie in your fave player and go into display properties and find the gamma control. With overlay selected, can you adjust the gamma of the movie while its playing? You will of course be able to adjust the gamma of your desktop etc but the overlay is how a vid card displays video, it "overlays" it on the normal display, not all cards have hardware overlay gamma control, my geforce1 and ti4200 dont, even though its in the drivers, I guess that its there for the nvidia cards that can.

Next question is can the 9200 do dual view with a tv and a monitor and have them both at different resolutions? say 640x480 on the tv and 1024x768 on the monitor, at the same time?

I really appreciate anyone who can take the time to answer these questions.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think a Radeon's TV Out will always give you 640x480 no matter what you have chosen for your VGA resolution.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Pretty sure you can adjust the gamma while the video overlay is in use, but I'd have to go and check to give you a definative answer. I' pretty sure that with DScaler overlay controls, I have adjusted the gamma before while the video overlay was playing and observed the effect.

Regarding different resolutions on the different outputs, all you need to do is install Hydravision. You are then able to have independant resolutions and refresh rates across the different monitors. I run my VGA monitor at 1024x768x75Hz, and my second output at 1280x720x72Hz to my projector.

The TV ouput may be able to do this anymay, but with Hydravision installed you should have independant control of each enabled output. I can't 100% verify this for you though, as I do not use the TV out.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.