AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Features and Specs: 400W x 5 into 8 ohms,800W per channel into 4 ohms,1600W per channel into 2 ohms (time-limited basis), Sunfire's patented Tracking Downconverter Technology, 2 output options for the main left and right channels: current source for a warmer more open tube sound or voltage source for tightest response. use both in bi-wire configurations for the best of both worlds- warm spacious highs; and tight, punchy lows!, Intrinsic frequency response 1Hz to 80khz, Signal present auto-on switch senses input signal on any channel & automatically powers up, 12VDC trigger input w/ 1/8" mini jacks, as well as plug-in screw-terminal strip, Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs

It says it does 1Hz to 80Khz but I wonder if there is a hardwired SSF?

I will email Sunfire but any other opinions here?

I want a 3 channel amp that has around 400W/ch into 8 ohms and this fits that perfectly, I can then use the other 2 channels and drive my ported subs which only need around 750W into 4 ohms anyways so 800w is perfect. I can have one less amp in my AV cabinet!!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You have some big pockets. Those Sunfire amps are great.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
You have some big pockets. Those Sunfire amps are great.

lol, Honestly its not as much if I can drive my two sub. Im trying to get one for $2K so thats $1K to drive my subs and $1K to drive three front speakers.

I would never buy it at the retail price.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its silent and they say it runs very cool! Probably worth the money for those who like spending that much on an amp. Im hoping I can get it for around $2K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts