AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm getting 2 Mackie SRM450v2 active speakers for loud party music/karaoke and was wondering if anybody has ever tried setting those up as front speakers in a 5.1 setup.

This is what I have currently:

- Yamaha rx-v765 receiver

- 2 Polk monitor 60 front speakers + 2 Polk monitor 30 rear speakers + Polk CS1 center speaker

- Pa120 subwoofer

- HTPC (used for movies and music/karaoke)

- Yamaha MG82CX mixer

I find the above setup inadequate for loud party music so I'm getting a pair of Mackie active speakers to make it sound like a party. My plan is to use those speakers as the 2 fronts in my home theater setup. Would that work?

This is how I'm gonna do it:

I'm gonna connect from the 2 front preout on the Yamaha receiver to the Mackie speakers using RCA to XLR cable like this one http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

The 2 rear and center speakers will be connected like normal to the receiver.

That way I can have the Mackie SRM450v2s as 2 front speakers and the rest of the speakers will be driven by the Yamaha 765's amp.

So basically htpc to mixer via 3.5 mm to RCA cable

mixer to receiver via TRS to RCA cable

then receiver preout to Mackie for 2 front speakers via RCA to XLR cable

then receiver to center and 2 rear speakers via regular speaker cable

and receiver sub preout to the home theater sub

So to the experts on this forum, how do you think that setup will sound and will there be any incompatibility problem etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoobie /forum/post/18171233

This is what I have currently:

- Yamaha rx-v765 receiver

- 2 Polk monitor 60 front speakers + 2 Polk monitor 30 rear speakers + Polk CS1 center speaker

- Pa120 subwoofer

- HTPC (used for movies and music/karaoke)

- Yamaha MG82CX mixer

I find the above setup inadequate for loud party music so I'm getting a pair of Mackie active speakers to make it sound like a party. My plan is to use those speakers as the 2 fronts in my home theater setup.

I guess there's no conversation at your parties, is there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts