AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question. In the land of OZ, what is the best choice of sound card that we have. I just need one that does a good digital pass though as i have a great receiver to decode it for me. All the stores here in Perth just seem to sell SB gear, and everybody seems to be pretty down on there gear. So just after some alternatives, and where I can get them from, maybe online perhaps.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would wait for the Revolution from M-Audio. Great Price with very good specifications, digital pass thru and 7.1 analog outs should you ever need them. Also it doesnt resample all data to 48khz like creative gear. I currently use a creative card which is perfect for passing DVD sound which is already 48khz thru to my receiver for decode, but mp3s and cds are resampled. To my semi trained ears it sounds ok but I have never had another card to compare it to :)

The revolution is also cheaper than the audiophile 24/96 with more outputs and better specifications (i think).

As far as ordering one, dont buy it from the M-audio listed Aus supplier, prices are outrageous, order it from US, DC is a good bet with good service I hear.

If you want something right now, the AP 24/96 or Delta 410 is the way to go (for twice the cost mind you). Revo list is $US 99

Best of Luck

Andrew

PS by the way, I am waiting for one too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.