AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a strange problem. I've got an extron box (i forget the model) which hooks up to the htpc and provides a local monitor port, 5xBNC to the projector, and has signal level switches along with a horiz. position knob.

Lately I've had a problem with a video anomoly which I can best describe as a brighter horizontal band in the video that move up and down randomly. The overall brightness of the scene seems to affect it though, brighter picture has a larger band or bands. I also see it on the local monitor, though to a lesser extent than on the projector.

Should I buy the necessary cables to get rid of the extron, or could there be another cause?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Check the powersupply for the extron for hum, check the caps if you can, YES they can die. Make sure the video level is not too high, and may have to be terminated 75ohm.

All the usual stuff. A bad cap COULD cause signal distortion. Got an ESR meter?

Marc

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
If it is a bad cap in the power supply, the lione should slowly creep up the screen. THe rule of thumb is, take it out of the circuit; if the problem goes away, there's your bad unit.

Curt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.