AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am correct, you just have the antenna in and component out on a HDTV receiver so you should be able to use any brand of HDTV receiver with any brand of HDTV right?

I am asking because I have seen some good deals on HDTV receivers on EBay that are not the same brand as my HDTV and was going to get one but I want to make sure my assumption is correct first.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Pretty much. The STB synopsis is here.

One anomaly is that the RCA DTC-100 doesn't have component out though an add on transcoder fixes that problem. Use the sysnopsis to see what best fits your needs.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Someday they may have STBs with digital-only outputs, in which case a component video TV won't be able to use it. No one knows if or when this will happen though.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
HDTV STBs are the same as other standard components like DVD players, VCRs, PVRs - they work with all brands of TVs that support the same I/O standards. You are never limited to one brand, if one company made a proprietary interface that only worked with one brand set, they would be limiting their market way too much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.