AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the manuals for the Sony 550, Pany 55 and Samsung 2500. I think none of these can display elapsed or remaining chapter times. Are there any players that can do this?

Ed

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb /forum/post/15481079

I downloaded the manuals for the Sony 550, Pany 55 and Samsung 2500. I think none of these can display elapsed or remaining chapter times. Are there any players that can do this?

Ed

I'm not aware of any current player that has these features.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Donnie. Anyone else?

Would there be any technical reason why it's not easy to do?

Ed

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go figure that I've been on these forums for a long long time, and this is the first thing I post...

Panny's BD 30 and 50 do... not that they're current or anything!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster /forum/post/15496017

The pioneer 51 can. When you pull up the bit meter display....done below is the chapter elapse time (hit button twice)

Thanks. I checked it out and it sure does it.

Ed

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking for a cheap BD player that can display chapter elapsed and/or remaining times. I know Oppo does it and maybe Pioneer. Any other brands/models? Can anyone confirm Pioneer models that do it? Thanks.

Ed

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb /forum/post/21393561

I'm looking for a cheap BD player that can display chapter elapsed and/or remaining times. I know Oppo does it and maybe Pioneer. Any other brands/models? Can anyone confirm Pioneer models that do it? Thanks.

Ed

I merged your new thread with your existing thread. Next time please bump your previous thread when seeking an update

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster /forum/post/21394449

I merged your new thread with your existing thread. Next time please bump your previous thread when seeking an update

I didn't think that was a good idea since the old thread is 3 years old. Potential responders probably wouldn't notice that and think that I have answers and not bother giving new info.

Ed

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
I don't think anyone other than Oppo cares about remaining or chapter times

I finally bought a older Panny BD30 and BD65 which both lack any remaining times(other than total time bar) but I basically gave up

I play DVDs on my DVD players(that all have remaining time) and play BDs on my Pannys and just live without my favorite feature(remaining time).

Don't get me started on my second favorite feature, multi-disc-resume, which again only Oppo seems to care about

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Not sure what you would define as 'cheap', but you can cycle between total elapsed play time, time remaining, elapsed play time of the current chapter, or the time remaining of the current chapter with a PS3.

Edit: I gave it a little more thought, and wasn't sure if you meant a display in terms of the on-device display (i.e. on the player itself), which obviously the PS3 doesn't have any, but it has this display feature on screen.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster /forum/post/21397246

Edit: I gave it a little more thought, and wasn't sure if you meant a display in terms of the on-device display (i.e. on the player itself), which obviously the PS3 doesn't have any, but it has this display feature on screen.

Not sure about the OP but I really like remaining to be on the unit and only on the OSD for a couple seconds. Normally I like to leave the unit display as total remaining as I watch a movie, that way to know how much time is left I only need to glance at the unit and not bring it up OS which might bother other people.

For me anyway a the PS3 would definitely be better than 99% of other BD players available but at this point I'm just learning to live without remaining and chapter times

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster /forum/post/21397246

Not sure what you would define as 'cheap', but you can cycle between total elapsed play time, time remaining, elapsed play time of the current chapter, or the time remaining of the current chapter with a PS3.

I mean on the TV. I have an Oppo 83 that I use. This is for for a second smaller TV and I don't feel like spending $500 on another Oppo. Thanks for the input.

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts