AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im kind of mad with the blu ray technology, they offer very high video quality and audio, but when it comes to scratch proof, i know is hard to get one, but when you get it you have playback issues. I have many blu rays that have this kind of dust/scratch very hard to remove. Is because im too lazy and let the blu rays stack it together outside, creating this dirt. The weirdest thing is i have three blu ray PC reader/burners, and all the three fails when reading a lightly scratch blu ray (in normal playback speed), panasonic, samsung external, and piooner. The thing is I test a blu ray in every player and it freezes in the same place, i looked the disc and it has a tiny scratch. BUT when you verify the disc or create a iso image to the hard drive(in any optical drive), its starts reading at high velocity and with no read errors at all, not even a velocity drop at the scratched part. So why the freezing when you are playback at normal velocity? is clearly a optic or disc issue, because the drive tried very hard (blinking green led like crazy) to read the disc in normal playback speed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,751 Posts
If it fails in multiple players, it's obviously not the players.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts