AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dvd player is chroma-bug free. It is a Denon 3800 w/ production date of 02-03. I have noticed on 1 or 2 dvd's that I have rented that on the advertisements that comes on before the movie I have noticed what appears to be the chroma bug on some of the lettering that is thrown up on the screen. Is the movie recorded in a different format than the introductions because the movie has no sign of this. I have rented toy story and used that to determine if I have the chroma issue and I don't. Can anyone make sense of this and have any of you noticed this before. Like I said before out of like 20 movies, only 1-2 that I have noticed this on. The two dvd's that I am referring to is Fast and the Furious, before the movie begins there is a red Castrol logo that looks like it has the chroma bug and the other movie is Truth About Charlie in the intro. that adverises other movies, on another logo that is in red. After watching both of these movies through, there is no sign of this bug during the actual movie.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Check out this thread...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=202603

While the person who posted this thread ultimately discovered that his problem was "user error", there is some good information in this thread on chroma and chroma anomalies. Pay special attention to the replies from "dmunsil" and "sspears", they are some of the most knowledgeable people around on DVD players.

Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
If you're talking about Universal movies, than it's in the recording. I think it's Universal, maybe it's FOX, but they throw up a montage of blurry film clips that look terrible trying to sell you more DVD's. It's in the recording, and not your player.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.