AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
It looks like it says "The Art of Disney" on the cover to me. I looked on IMDb, and there was an "Art of Disney Animation" for TV in 1988, but I cant be sure if this is the same thing. It could be something new for BD...?

· Registered
359 Posts
The literal translation is ディズニー art spreading/displaying everything

But yeah the art of disney.

The rest says:

2007 work/color/main part (62 minutes), sliding show (2 type each approximately 60 minutes)/2 layer disk (compressed system: MPEG4AVC)

Picture size:Wide screen (1.78: 1)

Sound:Japanese (linear PCM2.0ch stereo)

English (linear PCM2.0ch stereo)

Sound track/truck (linear PCM2.0ch stereo)

Sliding show (there is no sound)

Subtitle: Japanese/English

* Missing Treasures (treasure of vision) - the discovery and restoration - (approximately 10 minutes)

* At the time of the Japanese theater first release poster collection

* Art catalog booklet (page 40)

· Registered
5,067 Posts
Japan seems to be a world onto its own. Whatever you thought was a great place to get stuff elsewhere in the world, Japan is in a class by itself. How would you like a Toshiba digital camera? An Hitachi D-VHS deck? etc.

Walking through Akihabara gets you thinking "I didn't know they made those!" constantly.

Right now Toshiba, Panasonic and Sony have HD disc burning recorders on the market in Japan.

People think MiniDisc is a failure. Then you see a wall of player/recorders.

People think there is a big selection of cell phones here. We're about TWO generations behind. And the selection there is completely numbing.

It is not surprising that some have grabbed BD by the horns and ran with it way beyond what we see happening here. The Japanese are absolutely great at that.

An amazing place, really.

Gary

· Registered
359 Posts
They still made Laserdisk players in Japan up until a few years ago.

Laserdisk was really popular in japan.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're absolutely right Gary, Japanese products are pure class.

Since I live in Brazil and have to import most of my BDs (and LDs/DVDs prior to that), Japan discs are the perfect choice. They are more expensive, but they deliver it.

Lots of exclusive DTS tracks back on DVD days, better looking coverarts (with the english title), barely ever there's a critics quote on the front cover (I hate those), instead they use the actual tagline, which is the way go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.