AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just SO fed up. I have tried 3 different tv cards (i) ATI TV Wonder PCI, (ii) Hauppauge TV GO and (iii) Pinnacle Sudio TV PC all of which have WDM drivers and NONE of which work with any third party dvr-type software..

Anyone else having problems or is it just me?

Friar

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes, they work just fine here.

Tell us some things about your sytem.

What OS are you running? (maybe just list everything in your box as well)

What WDM drivers are you running?

Do you have Directx 8.0a installed?

Do you get a picture when you are just viewing TV? What I mean is do the cards work for TV and not PowerVCR II and WinDVR or do the cards not work at all?

Once we have this information we'll get you fixed up....

EAS

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer of help...

In the PC I am playing with currently (I am keeping my other HTPC as clean as possible) I have a Asus A7V133 mobo (latest Via 4-in-1) with an 800 AMD T'Bird. 128M of Ram, SB Live Value!, Hauppauge Win/TV GO running on Win98SE.

I am using the drivers with the disk (VFM 8-19-01 ) and have tried the beta WDM (2.29) drivers off Hauppauge's web site.

DScaler works fine (it drives the chips direct yep?) but any third party apps (with expection of showshifter) doesn't work. Power vcr2 gets one channel picture but has the tuner controls greyed out and if I switch it from Pal to NTSC it crashes).

Windvr just doesn't work. I get just sound and no picture.

Sounds a mess..... I have pretty much given up so any thoughts / comments would be very gratefully accepted.

Friar

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ok....

Try using the generic WDM drivers from iulab.com.

You must have WDM drivers to get this software to work.

I'd remove all traces of the old drivers and delete the entries for the card in the system folder first and reboot.

Let us know.

EAS

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now THAT is sad.

Looks like I was trying to install Hauppauge drivers with my old ATI card (that was meant to be in my drawer!).

3 cards.. got confused as to which one was in.....

Now that I have set things up properly and don't have any shared IRQ's.. I still have one problem.

When using Power VCRII I can't record audio... get it in Dscaler and WinTV2000 and (TV mode) PowerVCRII, but not when recording.

I am using Trial VCR2 and my capture card is linked to my sound card via Line in (external cable). All settings in 'audio properties' are ok. using latest wdm driver from Huappauge..

Damn annoying.

The Friar

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I am using the Cybertainment card, and got WDM drivers from Canopus in Japan. My card works fine. I feed audio from the Dish Network STB through line out and recordings are fine, both under WinDVR and PowerDVR.

Gireesh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.