AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help dealing with Studio Experience.

I bought a Cinema13 projector from Studio Experience in spring 2002. I returned it a few days later, well within the 30 day policy. I should have been issued a 100% refund and should have had to cover only shipping.

I financed the projector through a link on the Studio Experience website -- turned out to be Sony Financial Services. Now Sony Financial has sent my account to collections and they need me to chase Studio Experience to get details about the credit that was issued for my return.

I can't get any help from Studio Experience (called accounting and my salesman). Does anyone know someone senior enough within the company that they might actually be responsible enough to care and god forbid, help me straighten this out?

I wonder if the BBB might be able to help? I need some sort of leverage.

Thanks for any help.

Mat

·
Premium Member
26,555 Posts
Mat:

I would start to document everything in writing...no more phone calls. You could use email as a document tool too. I would put all my info together:

UPS?Fed ex info showing you sent it back (either copany should have this info, if you don't.) Once you have all your documents, write a nice, but firm letter giving the timeline as to what has transpired. You can get the coroporate office number for boxlight or if Studio Experience has a separate CEO or Sr VP, I'd start there. Call the corporate and ask to speak to this person. If they ask who you are, give them your name. If they ask why you are calling, you are a disgruntled customer, whom I'm certain the CEo would want to speak with. Here is where the letter comes in. If you get stopped by an admin person, ask if you can fax them your information and could she/he get this info to the CEO? Do not settle for the sales dept or customer service dept-if they try to redirect you. They have had there chance.

Ron

PS: I did what I have outlined above with Mits NA. My situation was resolved within 48 hrs. The admin got the info to the appropriate parties (not the CEO) and it was resolved.

I also used this process with Pricelin.com The 800line would not give me the CEO name. I looked through there website for press releases and got the name. Directory assitance gave out the 800 line, but the corporate line wasn't available. Determined that most of there phone numbers listed in the website started with the same preflex and first two numbers-added two zeros to it and got the company switchboard. They sent me to the CEO office and took it from there.

Two points to my examples and rambling-where there is a will there is a way. Don't depend on the membership to get this resolved-you can do it! you've given those incharge an opportunity to resolve this, so now it's time to start at the top and whork you way down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.