AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried Cnet settings for the UNB8500 and David Kazmier is correct that even in Warm 2 there is a bluish grayscale which is driving nuts

He said he tweaked a couple of the white balance settings but that it did not do much and other tweaks would hurt other color aspects

It is not as bad in warm 2 movie mode as it is in other settings like standard or game mode standard

when i hit pause on a game you see the bluish grayscale and it is killing me. I hate it because it makes the colors like the basketball court for the NY Knicks in my game to look a bit bluish

or when watching the channel USA last night they had Law and Order SVU on HD and you can see the bluish grayscale which is killing me

anybody know how to make that bluish gray scale go away or make it much less intrusive

This is when using movie mode with warm 2

and standard or game mode standard with temperature normal

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 /forum/post/18220450

I have tried Cnet settings for the UNB8500 and David Kazmier is correct that even in Warm 2 there is a bluish grayscale which is driving nuts

He said he tweaked a couple of the white balance settings but that it did not do much and other tweaks would hurt other color aspects

It is not as bad in warm 2 movie mode as it is in other settings like standard or game mode standard

when i hit pause on a game you see the bluish grayscale and it is killing me. I hate it because it makes the colors like the basketball court for the NY Knicks in my game to look a bit bluish

or when watching the channel USA last night they had Law and Order SVU on HD and you can see the bluish grayscale which is killing me

anybody know how to make that bluish gray scale go away or make it much less intrusive

This is when using movie mode with warm 2

and standard or game mode standard with temperature normal

First you have to make sure if you have a true Samsung S panel, and not some junk Chiem C panel or worse an AU Optronics A panel.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold /forum/post/18220561

First you have to make sure if you have a true Samsung S panel, and not some junk Chiem C panel or worse an AU Optronics A panel.

I have an SQ01 panel

·
Registered
477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 /forum/post/18220575

I have an SQ01 panel

You need to go into the white balance then and reduce the blue gain and/or offset. You may also have to alter the green and red settings when you do this.

Probably the easiest way to set color temperature without a colorimeter is to play a B&W film on a monitor or TV that is calibrated to your liking, and then use the image as a reference to adjust the other display.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Don't evaluate grayscale from normal source material, use a calibration disc. Otherwise you may be trying to correct for something that's inherent in the game or tv show's color pallette and not the tv itself. SVU and CSI Vegas do have a bluish tint in many scenes, CSI Miami has blown out colors, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts