AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Insignia 46" Model: NS-L46X-10A. I have a media server that im connecting directlyto the TV. so im essentaly making my TV into a big monitor. In my media center, i installed a HIS H545H1G Radeon HD 5450 graphics card. this card supports 1080p. im using windows 7 64-bit. i installed all of the drivers for the video card. The best output i can get is 1080i. Has anyone heard of and problems with my TV and video card? i cant seem to find anything.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Many 1080p HDTVs have DVi/HDMI video receiver chips that will only accept 480i, 480p, 720p. 1080i or some subset of this list. Check the owner's manual for your TV to find out exactly what resolutions it will accept and then convert to it's 1080p native resolution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After talking with the manufactureer of my TV and the video card, i found out that even though I have changed settings in the card, the TV will not suport it. I have an insignia NS-L46Q120-10A. I have someone coming from geek squad coming to take a look at it. Insignia insists that i should be able to get up to 1080p. The saga continues....

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Got to love 3rd tier TV's, they seem to be the ones that have all the support issues. What's sad is now they aren't much cheaper than the name brand stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts