AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, and found your message board. I read with interest the person's post about only paying for channels that you watch.

I have a problem.

Our cable company is Charter. My husband truly believes and is sucked in by the sales associate that tells him that the cable tv bundle that includes EVERYTHING is CHEAPER than basic cable.

The problem with Charter is thay don't have a price list or bundle list on their website. Their sales creatures survive on people like my husband.

Our cable bill that includes interent is almost 200. a month!!!!!!! That's ridiculous!!!

I keep seeing a special advertised for a charter bundle that internet is only 9.99 if you bundle tv, internet and phone.

How do I find these bundle prices? Please send me in the right direction. THANKS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
48,893 Posts
Where do you live, Winslow?

·
Super Moderator
18,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow
Apparently I've come to the wrong place for info. Sorry to have bothered you.
Right place, but wrong section, perhaps. Try a post in the Cable, Digital Cable non-HDTV area and wait a day or so. It's the weekend and it's summer. Sometimes takes a bit longer to get a response.

From my own personal experience, the bundled package was cheaper than a la carte method by about $15 dollars.

And welcome to AVS. ;)

Doc

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
30 minutes - wow patience surely is lost in your post....

As far as your question. why not look in your local forum first (where ever that may be and post the same question.... try here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=453241 )

Second, have you acutally asked Charter for their best deals (you might want to add that a satelite provider is looking awful tempting to switch too considering the cost that you currently pay -- you can always use that as an idle threat)

Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help/advice.

I live in Massachusetts.

Yes, my husband asked charter for their bundles prices, and so did I. Their sales pitch is to tell you that the best deal is all of the channels. Since I only watch Fox cable news when i can, and my husband only watches ball games, everything else is a waste.

I just spoke to Charter again. It's the same old story. I must say, they are good, and I'm quite surpised that they don't also peddle used cars.

Sorry for the impatience. I certainly didn't mean to be obnoxious.

I'd LOVE to tell Charter to shove it, but I wouldn't make a difference. maybe when I retire my new mission in life would be to convince the masses to follow. LOL!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Winslow - The option I took with Charter was to eliminate everything except Broadband Internet, and signed up with a DBS service for video programming. The "Modem-Only" service here is about $50 for 3MB (you pay extra for not bundling with video services - but you can get slower speeds for less), and I pay DBS about $50/mo.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Try calling 1-888-GETCHARTER and tell them that you can't get a straight answer.

Tell them that you want basic cable (or extended basic if you want NESN to pick up Sox games) and Broadband Internet period. What is the cost? I bet it will be less than half what you are currently paying.

Also, most towns have a cable tv advisory committee. You might bring up to them these predatory sales practices. They might have some effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.