AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http : // cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5798399419 (copy-paste-remove spaces)

It's for an ended auction I just won. I'm trying to figure out if the card is similar/same as the IFB-12.

I have a Sony 1271 PJ and Switcher with no current component imput capabilities.

If you can name the card and/or provide some info on it's component (Y, Pb, Pr) capabilities especially with regard to 1080i/720P material that would be of great help!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen one of those... and I was watching fleabay for a couple of years for input cards, switchers, etc. It can't be too common. Can't wait to hear if anybody has more info on it.

SC

·
Premium Member
16,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicecoils
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/991/dualifb0lm.jpg
I've never seen that before and I've come across a lot of IFB info from playing with various models last year. I'm usually pretty good at googling up info, but I didn't come across anything on that one yet (but I did find a couple of other cool IFB PDFs while looking for that one).

Let us know when you get it and see if it has an IFB model number on the PCB.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
I've never seen that before and I've come across a lot of IFB info from playing with various models last year. I'm usually pretty good at googling up info, but I didn't come across anything on that one yet (but I did find a couple of other cool IFB PDFs while looking for that one).

Let us know when you get it and see if it has an IFB model number on the PCB.
thanks for putting up the image. i'll report back when i've received it. the auction states HDTV capable and circuit diagrams supplied. even if it can't handle 1080i/720p component it will still be usefull for 5BNC RGBHV. At $80AUD it will be a great deal if it can do what IFB-12 card does for about 1/4 the cost of what the IFB-12 goes for on ebay australia

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's not off the back of a VPH-1292Q is it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieDAN
That's not off the back of a VPH-1292Q is it?
No clue, auction called it a:

"SONY CRT VPH1272QM Y Y-B Y-R COMPONET RGB INPUT BOARD QHD"

And provided the following somewhat vauge description:

This board was fitted to a 12xx series projector that we recently purchased it takes up to [sic] card slots and allows 2 lots of component video or analogue rgb connections

this will allow connection from hdtv source, dvd, or computer this board slots in next to the normal video in board the center post was removed to allow fitment so you will need to be handy with your screw driver

I have circuit diagrams which will be supplied"

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeh I'm pretty sure it's the input card on the 1292. I was looking at a 1292 once with it's cards removed, if it is, it's definitely got the bandwidth your after! I'll try to find a pic to post for you. maybe contact Graham Johnson he'll be able to confirm or deny in a heart beat.

Cheers M8 good score.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieDAN
Yeh I'm pretty sure it's the input card on the 1292. I was looking at a 1292 once with it's cards removed, if it is, it's definitely got the bandwidth your after! I'll try to find a pic to post for you. maybe contact Graham Johnson he'll be able to confirm or deny in a heart beat.

Cheers M8 good score.
I've gotten a little more information from the seller, the card should be shipping soon.

Seller writes:

"the board does not have an IFB code the only serial number i can see is QHD the componet side function the same as the normal IFB 12 I as so belive this will accept progressive scan on componet this unit was fitted to a working 1271..."

I'll see if I can see any more writing on the pcb, but it's starting to look like this card may do the job. (The vga out on my DVB-T HD box just crapped out, so looks like I'll just switch to component)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
I've never seen that before and I've come across a lot of IFB info from playing with various models last year. I'm usually pretty good at googling up info, but I didn't come across anything on that one yet (but I did find a couple of other cool IFB PDFs while looking for that one). Let us know when you get it and see if it has an IFB model number on the PCB.
The input board has arrived.

Sony QHD is really all the board does say on it. If anyone is interested in a photo of the back, or any of the above at a higher rez it can be arranged.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the performance. I installed the board, turned on the projector, a burning electronic smell emanated from the back of the projector, and then the projector shut itself down within 15 seconds. The yellow circle in the second photo indicates the two very hot resistors i believe the smell was coming from.

I've contacted the seller asking what can be done to rectify the situation. Hopefully I will be able to comment on the performance in the near future, or have a replacement comment input board of some sort!

http://users.tpg.com.au/adventx/ht/S...D%20inputs.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/adventx/ht/S...HD%20front.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/adventx/ht/S...0installed.jpg

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
You also have a burned PC board trace above the left VD connector.

Nice mount for your 12XX unit though, did you make it yourself?

:)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Looks like the input section of the very rare Sony HDIH1200 projector. I had that projector and out of memory it looks identical.

Per Johnny

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
You also have a burned PC board trace above the left VD connector.

Nice mount for your 12XX unit though, did you make it yourself?

:)
I the damage spots on the surface of the PCB was there there even before I took it out of the shrink wrap, however I've only done first year elec eng so I couldent tell if that already meant it was doomed.

If by mount, your refering to the stolen milkcrates, then thank you! they fit the PJ's footpint almost perfectly and are very modular/stackable ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johnny
Looks like the input section of the very rare Sony HDIH1200 projector. I had that projector and out of memory it looks identical.
Thanks for your post, it looks like we may be a step closer to positive identification!

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I was also going to say that it could be from the 1200, although I've never seen that set.

If the green paint is flaking off the PC trace, then the board is effed. For fun if you're stuck, I'd take a stab at repairing it. I'm sure a chip or cap has a dead short on it.

It's also possible that the input connector is not designed to be used with the 12XX series that we know and love, and that you're shooting voltage somewhere that you're not supposed to.

Hopefully you paid next to nothing for it.

Curt

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
I was also going to say that it could be from the 1200, although I've never seen that set.

If the green paint is flaking off the PC trace, then the board is effed. For fun if you're stuck, I'd take a stab at repairing it. I'm sure a chip or cap has a dead short on it.

It's also possible that the input connector is not designed to be used with the 12XX series that we know and love, and that you're shooting voltage somewhere that you're not supposed to.

Hopefully you paid next to nothing for it.

Curt
Well not exactly next to nothing...aprox $60USD.

When you say "I'd take a stab at repairing it" I'm assuming you mean me :)

I'm not adverse to picking up a soldering iron, but I've only got a muti-meter on hand, and if I did have an oscilloscope I'm not sure I'd know what I was looking at. I've only done very simple experiments making/testing rectifiers and such in class.

If I do get stuck with it, I'll give fixing it a go for fun. Any idea what danger a messed up input board poses to the projector itself? That's the ultimate concern...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A bit more of an update. The seller has mailed a circuit diagram of the board, and stated if I can't fix it, I can return for a refund which sounds pretty good to me.

Alternative component input boards for the 12xx's don't come up frequently Down Under.

The diagrams specify it as a:

Sony QHD (HDVS Decoder)

HDIR-550M

RM-1200

The diagrams are scanned & printed from an original, however they appear to be complete, and are legible.

Hopefully I'll be able to fix it! If anyone is interested in seeing the diagrams, I'll scan and post them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicecoils
http : // cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5798399419 (copy-paste-remove spaces)

It's for an ended auction I just won. I'm trying to figure out if the card is similar/same as the IFB-12.

I have a Sony 1271 PJ and Switcher with no current component imput capabilities.

If you can name the card and/or provide some info on it's component (Y, Pb, Pr) capabilities especially with regard to 1080i/720P material that would be of great help!
you can try my component/dvi input card also :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
What is the Sony part number of the board?

It is the 9 digit number just to the top right of the "QHD" logo. Looks like 1-823-818-11, but some digits are unclear.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpfisher
What is the Sony part number of the board?

It is the 9 digit number just to the top right of the "QHD" logo. Looks like 1-823-818-11, but some digits are unclear.
will look when i get home, and report back.

anything you might be able to tell us if you know the part number? perhaps you have some master book with part numbers, discriptions, and circuit diagrams :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1-629-810-11

underneath in black print, is number 29

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.