AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to watch law and order over the air with my tuner, but i can't get a nbc station to tune in. Is NBC sending signal out or what is the deal, i would really like to see law and order in HD

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nope, nbc and abc havent broadcast in hd since the wtc got hit

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeez, thye really need to get thier act together and put up a tower. I am pretty disgruntled. I have an awesome tv with built in tuner...my cable company won't even offer digital cable, and i can't get any worthwhile hd over the air programing. Is CBS sending out CSI in hd? what channel is htat?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nadroj81
Is CBS sending out CSI in hd? what channel is htat?
WCBS-DT is channel 56 and CSI is in HD. Where do you live?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
newport/jersey city, on the water. im high up so i should have really good reception,. I got cbs to tune in actually, its on 2.1 or something.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm in West Orange on the mountain(about 540 feet up) and can receive NBC from Philadelphia with their increased power.It is Digital 67.The signal has been jumping up and down all week as they test.If you can receive 27(CBS) or 64(ABC) from Philly you might get 67.If you are high up and face the Southwest you have an outside chance to receive them.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm in the metro NY area....Somerset NJ, just off Rte 287. I can receive NBC out of Philly using an antenna in the attic and a pre-amp. No other heroics needed from here.

As an earlier post said, Philly signals are quite strong. Your ability to receive them is due to your elevation, good equipment (antenna/pre-amp/receiver), and no obstacles.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm jealous you guys can pull in Philly. I'm in North Jersey, way too far, and only have the option of a small indoor antenna. No chance here. I really wish NBC and ABC would resume broadcasting in NY from SOMEWHERE, and if not, come to an agreement with Cablevision for god's sake!

·
Registered
172 Posts
you're not too far. you should be able to pick up at least abc. in hanover, just next town from morris plains, i get abc 64 plus cbs 26 and pbs 43 using a CM4221 and 7775 preamp in the attic. faint signals from nbc, fox, wb. try harder, you could get lucky.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trekkerj
With a radio shack INDOOR antenna? I can barely get WB from NY.
None of the NYC stations are broadcasting at full power.

THe Philly stations are closer to full power, hence the ability to get them.

Also your HDTV reviever's sensitivity can help. Any model on the market now should be fine. Older HDTV models had weaker tuners.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have the Samsung T151 receiver with the double bowtie from radio shack. I have a channel master 7775 preamp if needed. I'll try ABC on ch 64 again tonight, but I seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Can anyonbe pick up WPIX at the moment? Smallville's season premiere is coming up and I'd like to be able to finally catch it in HD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.