AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post a video frame (not a camcorder in still picture mode) from their 1080 camcorder? I'd like to also know the brand and model if you would be so kind. Post or email me at [email protected] . If anyone has a similar frame from a 720, I'd love to see that as well. I'm looking for the camcorder with the best quality frames and have heard that 1080 frames when 'grabbed' are blurry.

I've done tons of frame grabs with mini dv and would describe the quality as polaroid esque and am looking for an improvement.

Thanks In Advance:

BB

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I'll try to grab a frame later, but I can recommend the Canon HF S100 (or S10, if you want the additional built-in flash memory) as the consumer-level camera with what is likely the best image quality.

ronrosa is of course right and on-target with his note on de-interlacing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry, I am new to video so I am not sure if I understood what is wanted. Here are sample shots captured straight from the videos of the Sanyo HD2000. It would appear that the quality depends very much on the lighting of the original video and which frame is captured. Video shot at 1920x1080, 30fps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts