AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just loaded the 4800 firmware on an X1 and lost the effects button. Does anyone out there have the effect button codes from the original SP4800 remote to program a Pronto? Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ace5000
I just loaded the 4800 firmware on an X1 and lost the effects button. Does anyone out there have the effect button codes from the original SP4800 remote to program a Pronto? Thanks.
It is my understanding that the original 4800 remote does not have an effects button but the firmware supports assigning this function using an a programable remote. You can change aspect ratio in the menu for the time being as with original 4800.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Unfortunately InFocus has decided it was time to destroy their web site again, so it is difficult to navigate. But here's the link for the SP4800 remote IR codes:
http://www.infocus.com/service/sp4800/4800_IR.pdf

There seems to be some confusion in this thread. The SP4800 firmware does not support an Effects key. The menu in the SP4800 has no option to select a function for an Effects key. The SP4800 remote does not have an Effects key. Get it? SP4800 firmware = No support for an Effects Key

But if you have a programmable remote then you can program it to do most of the functions that were available on the X1 with the Effects key. For example, there are IR codes to Blank the screen and to change Aspect modes (I think it's called Resize). Take a look at that list of IR codes and I think you'll find everything you want.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm thinking about trying out the 4800 firmware. I was wondering if I were to change the firmware, will my lamp hour counter reset or will it be untouched?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Projector VIRGIN
I'm thinking about trying out the 4800 firmware. I was wondering if I were to change the firmware, will my lamp hour counter reset or will it be untouched?
You lamp hours will not change. I've installed and uninstalled several times during testing and projector displayed the lamp hours is used accurately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.