AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about one that has fairly fine adjustment, perhaps remote control operated (not critical), and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Check out the Amateur radio shops, they are the only ones I know that sell rotors with fine adjustments, and the readouts are in degree's, they are very very accurate, but not sure what they cost these days.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I've been extremely happy with the ChannelMaster rotator with infrared wireless remote that I ordered through Radio Shack a few years ago. I think it was just over $100. It seems to be adjustable in one- or two- degree incraments.

Here it is:

http://www.channelmaster.com/pages/rc1.htm

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have the ChannelMaster with remote, also. While I'm satisfied with it on the whole, it "goes nuts" a few times a year and has to be unplugged to reset it.

I also have occasional problems with it forgetting where it's supposed to point, and have to resync it.

Rick

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cpto
I have the ChannelMaster with remote, also. While I'm satisfied with it on the whole, it "goes nuts" a few times a year and has to be unplugged to reset it.

I also have occasional problems with it forgetting where it's supposed to point, and have to resync it.

Rick
Rick,

maybe it does not like the channel you are watching.:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have had the Channel Master unit for a little over 1 month (hasn't needed readjustment yet even though we've had a couple strong storms here in Dallas) and it has helped me pull in the weakest station in the area (PBS) that I couldn't get at all before. One convenient feature is that when using a Pronto remote the antenna coordinates can be added to the individual station macros so the best signal can be received at all times.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The RS unit is OEM'ed by channelmaster and is adjustable in 2-3 dgree increments which should be plenty fine enough to zero in on whaterver signal you are after.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does Channel Master OEM thier antennas too at RS?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I too have the Channel Master 9521 with remote. Works great.

Thanks,

Errol

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Actually, most of the consumer rotators need adjustment from time to time. Mainly this is caused by the lack of or very poor breaking systems. Adjustment usually just means full rotation o fthe antenna in both directions. Amateur Radio rotators would probably be over kill for TV antennas, unless you have a large stack or lots of wind load.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are using a Channel Master model #9521 the unit may be set to program a sync command automatically after 50 preprogramed moves. This feature is switched on (or reset to 50) by pressing 98 UP on the remote. It is switched off by pressing 98 DOWN on the remote, per page 6 in the Owner's Guide.

Regards,

Lee.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Smith
............perhaps remote control operated (not critical)........
Remote control is NOT crtitcal? Planning on doing some climbing?

(I am guessing you meant "wireless" remote control - lol).

·
Registered
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Smith

Does Channel Master OEM thier antennas too at RS?
Not that I'm aware of. AFAIK, RatShack produces their own at various foreign factories.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.