AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please verify whether or not the JVC XV-SA70BK can play DVD-Rs? How about SVCDs?

I am seriously considering buying this player.... I've been waiting for the Toshiba sd-4700, but I am getting tired of the delays (and I don't think it will play SVCDs).

Thanks!

Hyperseer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thread Poster I looked up various JVC machines for you and on the DVD Players list the JVC XV-S65GD with Progressive Scan 'does for sure' play DVD-R and RW. The players list does not even have an entry for the 70 model it skips to the 75 as no one has sent a report to pages web master.

Crutchfieds latest Fall 2001 this player can be seen on page 92 it has a list price of $249 comes in Black or Pale Gold. The unit plays VCD,CD, CD-R, MP3CD but not DVD-A which I think you want. If the 75 won't play them it's doubtful the 70 will either as the are listed as 60/65 and 70/75 in the www.crutchfield.com catalog.

In JVC it looks like you will have to decide wether you want to watch DVD-R without DVD-A or go to the 70/75 which are stating a question mark but do play DVD-A. Look up a few more players and post them so I can look them up If you need DVD-A? The XV-S75GD's listed in the players list I have.

I put on a thread post, 82 viewed it but not one reponded so I deleted it. If I post valuable information and no one responds I will delete it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.