AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything else on the market that is sitting at the $900 mark that is 1080p that I should look at before pulling the trigger this week.

I did my research several months ago and this is what I had decided on. Basement is finally finished to the point where I will be mounting my screen in the next week and will need to finally order the projector.

Just curious if anything has launched recently that I should eye ball before I order?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofus /forum/post/19585344

Just curious if anything has launched recently that I should eye ball before I order?

I don't think anything has launched that you don't know about if you've researched, but I would go back and check current prices just to make sure there's nothing that was previously out of your range that might be on sale now.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofus /forum/post/19585344

Is there anything else on the market that is sitting at the $900 mark that is 1080p that I should look at before pulling the trigger this week.

I did my research several months ago and this is what I had decided on. Basement is finally finished to the point where I will be mounting my screen in the next week and will need to finally order the projector.

Thanks!

There have been many new projectors launched since a "few months ago". You may need to re-research a little. For instance, the Viewsonic 8100 Pro (or is it Pro8100?) can be had for under $1000. Also, more spectacularly where value for money is concerned, the Epson 8350 can be found close to $1000 if you look carefully, or time your purchase right.

Read some of the newer threads in this forum and you'll see a lot of posts about the Epson 8350... and a lot of satisfaction too!

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpblues /forum/post/19585650

I currently own a broke hd 72 have had it for over 4 years with no problems my only problem with optoma is trying to get parts for it you may want to consider that before you purchase

I second this. As the owner of an H79 that took 3 bulbs to make it to 1200 hours before having "other issues", I would recommend that you stay away from optoma. Sure the picture is great while it lasts, but it doesnt' last long. I will not be buying another Optoma.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't owne the HD20 but i have the HD65 and before that (forget model) but Optoma 480p projector and before that a low res Optoma projectorand i have never had 1 single issue with them. Which is why I will only buy Optoma. Now my first ever projector wasan Infocus LCD and that thing had dead pixels sofast, which of course were not uner warranty because there was only 2. but 2 deadpixelson a 120"screenwhen watching a movie on a white sandy beach is noticeable

stck with Optoma

1 - 6 of 6 Posts