AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of tired of looking at the AR-S50 towers, want to get a set of smaller speakers to hide inside of entertainment center. Any satisfied Ascend owners out there think the CBM 170 can topple the tower speakers in performances and sound? The H/K 525 system is for movies only no music, have a separate system in the garage for music. Thinking of getting the CMT-340c also to replace my Wharfedale center also.

Any promotional offer or discount on the Ascend?

Thanks and any feedbacks will make my decisions quicker.:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Curtis, I will be keeping the AR-300 power sub. The towers bass were dampen anyway by their optional sponges for years. So no bass coming from them is fine with me. I just wonder will they be loud and clear enough for movies watching, The Polk 6700 five piece system is already 600.00 without subwoofer at CC so the Ascend shoud be a bargain.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Order a pair to try. If you don't like them you are out less than $20 in shipping. The package deals are the only deals on Ascends presently. Due to demand 170s are backlogged a month right now. Ascend does have an extended purchase program were if you buy more speakers with-in 45 days(I think they are a little more liberal about it than the written 45 day policy) you get the package price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, the room size is 23' x 14' and 9' ceiling. I'm waiting for the Ascend advisor to contact me since I'm going for the 698.00 package (2 170, center and 2 2000 series for surround sound). I don't think they package it with the 340c though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.