AVS Forum banner
  • Take part in a short activity and share your valuable opinion on new design concepts for AVSForum! >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Can color, Tint, etc be adjuted when using the HDMI input on a ViewSonic N4060w LCDTV

428 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  jolli
hi Guys,

have a quick question about the Viewsonic range of LCD TV's (N4060W in my case)

When i hook up a DVD player to the HDMI input on the TV i'm only able to adjust the very basic controls on the TV like Brigtness & Contrast... IS this right? i would have thought you could have adjusted a few more things like color, mode etc.

The same DVD player via a component allows a lot more control over the picture...

Joseph
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolli
hi Guys,

have a quick question about the Viewsonic range of LCD TV's (N4060W in my case)

When i hook up a DVD player to the HDMI input on the TV i'm only able to adjust the very basic controls on the TV like Brigtness & Contrast... IS this right? i would have thought you could have adjusted a few more things like color, mode etc.

The same DVD player via a component allows a lot more control over the picture...

Joseph
I have the older model 3250 and that's all that can be adjusted on HDMI on the TV, although the DVD player (in my case an Oppo) still offers a wider range of adjustments. I'm awaiting an Avia disk to try calibration, and I'm not sure whether it will suggest running adjustments on the TV, the DVD, or both.
See less See more
Ok thats good to know! thanks for the feedback..... I'm at little disapointed that they dont allow adjustments at the monitor itself as it would make calibration much easier .. the monitor should be able to to have calibration setting for each input.

Joseph
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.