AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can two different brand high speed hdmi cables produce different brightness or vibrancy in colors? Or is it all in my head?

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I have never heard of this being the case. Different HDMI cables are just passing digital information down the line. They either do this properly, or they don't. But, if they don't, then one of the effects is not a shift in color from any reports I've heard at all.

It would be best to have someone swap the cables out when you aren't looking.

If the cables are connected to different inputs on your display, then it's possible the display has different settings on the different inputs.

·
Registered
17,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma5300  /t/1526353/can-different-hdmi-cables-produce-different-colors/0_20#post_24581524

Can two different brand high speed hdmi cables produce different brightness or vibrancy in colors? Or is it all in my head?

No they can't. It's more likely the input setting like AV_Integrated mentioned.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Are you swapping out the cables completely, or are you using two different inputs on your display?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated  /t/1526353/can-different-hdmi-cables-produce-different-colors#post_24583470

Are you swapping out the cables completely, or are you using two different inputs on your display?
Using the same hdmi input. It has to be in my head

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma5300  /t/1526353/can-different-hdmi-cables-produce-different-colors#post_24584009

Two different hdmi cables. Anyone see any difference in them?

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
On my monitor there is zero difference in the color, clarity, black levels, shadows, or detail between the two images.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated  /t/1526353/can-different-hdmi-cables-produce-different-colors#post_24584113

On my monitor there is zero difference in the color, clarity, black levels, shadows, or detail between the two images.
Nice! Thanks for the help! Now I can rest easy taking back this expensive cable to walmart haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts