AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those people that when he gets a headache and 9 times out of 10, it will not go away without Tylenol. When I get a headache, I can go to sleep and wake up with the same headache in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I don't get migraine headaches or head-splitting pain, just deep throbbing. It's usually triggered by low blood sugar, but once the headache arrives, most of the time eating won't help--only drugs will.

Dinner came a little late last night and by an hour after dinner, I definitely had a good headache going. As you may have read from my other post, my wife wanted to watch the copy of Monsoon Wedding we rented. I popped it in and fired up my new Dwin TV3 in a completely darkened room. I was a little nervous as I heard that DLP actually gives folks headaches, but I didn't bother popping any pills.

By the end of the movie, my headache was gone!

Now maybe it was my wife's cooking finally kicking in, but I found it particularly astounding that watching a bright DLP PJ with a movie shot in with in a frantic pace with a hand-held camera in a pitch black room actually had at a minimum no effect on my headache and at a maximum actually helped my eyes relax and made it go away.

So there's your contrarian POV.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
it's obvious that your immune system response is working perfectly. ;)

Medicine as been using the methodology for centuries. Give a small dose of a poison so you body can build up antibodies thus become immune to a larger more threatening dose.

What you don't want to do is watch a Disease Laden Projector cold turkey. This has been known to have toxic and even deadly effects.

http://www.indelibleinc.com/kubrick/...s/theater_.gif

·
Registered
534 Posts
I predict this thread to be the next "Buttered Popcorn" epic saga. Any bets on how many pages this one goes to?

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
xkode2002 - interesting that you posted that. I had a similar experience. When I went to see a demo of the 7200 I had a bad headache on the way over. I remember thinking whether it was wise to even go feeling that way. When I left my headache was gone. Probably has absolutely nothing to do with viewing a DLP either way, but your post reminded me of this experience. I've been watching a lot of my Sharp 10000 and never felt any sort of headache.

·
Registered
JVC NZ8, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 7.2.4 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,621 Posts
Well, the NEC HT1000 DLP certainly alleviated my headaches caused by the continuous search for a great PJ at a great price. It also removed stress by eliminating the tweaking and filters required with other PJs. Now I just relax and enjoy the show....

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
NO NO NO!!!

DLP is the prime cause of most of the worlds ills and maladies (according to some who post here anyway), so there's no way it can be good for you.

Everybody sees rainbows and suffers from boils and plagues of locusts, and those who say they don't are just plain liars!!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

i'll get me coat.... :(

Gary

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
CHAAAAA CHING...

by the way, I love that new Dell comercial with the girl and her new bike thanks to the swear jar. :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Indirectly a 1 & 1/2 hour disconnection from the stress of the world will get rid of most headaches. If you enjoy the picture, even better relief!

More power to TV3, coming to my living room soon...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
BREAKING NEWS: Bahgdad Iraq, Coalition forces find several warehouses stacked to the ceiling with thousands upon thousands of DLP projectors. Reporters on the scene talked with the local Iraqis and found out that the tyranical government of Saddam Hussien used the projectors as instruments of torture on the locals.

One local recalled being strapped to a chair as he endured what he recalled as hours and hours of the movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". Others in the area are walking around with dazzed looks on there faces mumbling that there heads are going to explode. As one local put it "MY ALA, MY HEAD! OH THE HEADACHE!" Others could be seen in the streets dodging what some say where "rainbows", though this reporter did not see anything. More details as they become available.

:D

Marcus

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I got wood watching certain shows on a 19" TV as a kid, but I'm pretty sure it was the content and not the 19" TV that brought about the physiological response. I would imagine it's the in your case, as BK said.

I was actually really excited about DLP when it was being developed, but then they cheaped out with the 1 chippers. If they were all 3 chip devices, the prices would have come down out of the stratosphere by now. I don't notice the rainbows on newer projectors like the Sharp 9000, but I do get eyestrain.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I am sure TI is reading this and commissioning Johns Hopkins right now to prove DLP cures headaches better than LCD and D-ILA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.