AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From browsing the ffdshow FAQ, it looks like most of ffdshow's capabilities are geared for DVD playback. I really don't need to improve my DVD PQ, as on my 32" screen, it looks quite sharp to me. But what about live analog TV or even playback of analog recorded TV programs. I found this quote :

Quote:
I am using VirtualVCR in preview as my TVApp, ffDshow with raw option marked and resizing/sharpening in ffdshow at 1440 x 960 for my Live TV viewing...
I am unsure as to how to make it work with my PVR-250. I went to the VirtualVCR website, and they tout support for "WDM" drivers; not sure if the PVR-250 supports or comes with those, or whether it uses "VfW" drivers, which are not supported by VirtualVCR. Anyhoo, if not VirtualVCR, does anyone know of any solution for the PVR-250 that would allow use of ffdshow [or equivalent] PQ enhancer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried VirtualVCR, and it crashed on launch. It's already uninstalled :).

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am not familar with that card, but depending on the filters you may be able to create a graph via graphedit with it and ffdshow and then save that as an xml file and convert it to a .grf file for Zoom Player and use Zoom Player to open the graph for the video window. Not the best solution but might be doable.

-pd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.